• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing the lift this weekend

Nuthinfancy

NAXJA Forum User
Well I started my 4.5" Rough Country X series lift today. Thngs are going pretty well, everything is coming off nicely. Got all the control arms off, brake lines off, shocks off. But I was was wondering if anybody had any pointers to getting that stock trac bar off the jeep. It looks like its going to be a pain in the ass. Should I try to use a ball joint puller or will I need something else? Any input is appreciated.

Hopefully Ill have install pics and finished pics up soon.

Corey

Pickle fork and a BFH

mine just came undone after I removed the bolts. Shoot it good with some PB Blaster first

Pickle fork is all you need. Whacked a few times on mine with an 8oz ball peen and that was just pissin' in the wind. One or two easy strikes with a BIG hammer and it popped right off.

Thats sounds about right, BFH or an airhammer with the fork attachment. Let me know how it goes and some pictures of B4 and after if you have'em. I was thinking of the same lift for my rig. Good Luck...

Back