• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap 99+ intake manifold

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
anyone found a 99+ intake for cheap? where'd you get it? im looking to do this upgrade. word on the street(or trail) is 20HP. thats a high gain for a bolt on mod.

edit: the intakes ive been seein on egay always end up sellin for about $100.

If you can find one in a junkyard it should be less than $50 with you pulling it. I know when I found mine here they charged me $35+$15 for the ps pump and bracket.

I paid $25 for mine w/o the fuel rail at the local pull-it. Now I remember what a good present would be for my brother. . .

I got mine on ebay for about about $150 with everything on it but the throttle body.

I did the 99+ intake manifold swap and I will say that the word of mouth about the 20 hp gain not all that true not saying it didnt make a difference but it was definately no 20 hp more like 5-8 it helped mostly when goin up hills while cruising didnt need to put my foot as deep into it. It also made the tone of the exhaust a little deeper no V8 sound but less high pitched ricer sound and a little more throaty and grunty. Is it worth it? Definately! But dont expect as much as they say. Its also not a direct swap. On my 97 i had to extend wires to a sensor that was relocated and extend a vaccum hose and plug off a vaccum port. Other than that its a pretty simple swap. Good luck.

90PioSport99 said:
If you can find one in a junkyard it should be less than $50 with you pulling it. I know when I found mine here they charged me $35+$15 for the ps pump and bracket.

will the '95 ps pump fit in that bracket from a 99+. i know that people have had to modify the front end to the manifold to make their ps pump fit right or was that just a cosmetic issue i cant remember.

I did the swap on my 97 with a bored throttle body. I had a parts 99 that I took it from. Wow!!! the power difference is amazing. We put it on the dyno and it gained 4hp. I have no cat and a flowmaster also. It was really not worth the time and effort and mine was free. the throttle body helps a little with response but I had that on my 97 intake. No offense to anyone don't waste your time. I have seen the 20hp dyno sheets and the difference with mine is that I ran 4 pulls on two days.

I originally did the swap on my 94 and had to rework the tensioner by flipping the way it tightened. I drilled a hole on the opposite end and moved the bolt to that end. I had to use a larger belt for the mod to work. I don't have any pics of it installed on the 94, but I still have the tensioner and larger belt.

gradon, is your tensioner part of the PS bracket like on my '95? just wanna make sure were on the same page here.

Back