• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy cheap air tank

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where to buy a cheap 2-2.5 gallon compressed air storage tank? looking for a tank like viair...have read you can find them for around $20 but haven't had any luck

TIA

Go to a small tool repair/compressor repair shop in your area. A lot of them have old broken compressors with air tanks attached that they will sell cheap. That is how I got mine.

I got mine off a semi trailer at work that they were scrapping, you could go to a salvage yard and get them cheap. brand new they are not very expensive either ($60-$70).

A lot of mini trucker magazines have them for dirt cheap too. And you can get them in all sorts of shapes/sizes. Even chrome plated if it floats your boat.

www.airbagit.com also has some pretty cheap ones. Steel powdercoated 9 gallon one for $59, not too shabby.

EDIT: Lol well after checking out harbourfreight, I think they take the cake...

craigslist ought to have plenty of used scuba tanks..... but then I'm in california..... we have a lot of divers here...

Thats great if you can find a place to mount them up-side down so you can drain the moisture out!

Back