• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Facia on 90 XJ

CrawlingCritter

NAXJA Forum User
The title just about says it. I was thinking of painting my 90 XJ and going monochromatic. I think the later 'restyled' models look better up front. Has anyone done a conversion to the newer front facia and what mods (if any) were necessary:wierd:

you'll need the grille, bumper, fenders, and header panel off a newer model. its been covered, a search should bring up info from those who did it.

Thanks for the link. Looks like more work than I would have thought. The XJ project shown turned out really nice. A beautiful ride.:worship:

It depends on how wild you want to go, and just how good you want it to look. I did this on my 88 MJ, but I just swapped in the header panel. I left the fenders, bumper and endcaps, and it still looked great. Mine was a trail rig, the paint was patchy. If you want it too look like it came from the factory, you'll need to follow all of the already listed info, but if it's just a trail rig- you don't need to go overboard. I'll see if I can find my pics and post them up.

Okay, here ya go. You can see in the first pic where the body lines meet. Where the outside of the header panel corner meets the fender, it sticks up roughly 1/4". Being that my fender was dented and peeling anyway, I didn't see the need. I saw in another thread awhile ago, that someone else filled and faded that corner transition with Bondo, it looked pretty good too. It's really not a hugely noticeable difference- the fact that the header panel and the rest of the front looks so much better outweighs the odd corner. That's my opinion anyway. Hope that helps ya.

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Back