• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK springs in an XJ

Foxmotorsport

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody ever tried fitting 07up JK front coils into the frt of an XJ. I just picked up a beater XJ, of course the frt springs are broken, I happen to have a pair of 07 JK stock coils here, looks like about 3" lift, same diameter too? Gonna try it later and will let ya'll know!

new idea...interesting. post up with the results.

Just finished installing the JK springs in the 88, aside from the old sag factor, and 1 ring broken off, I figure they would be good for about 1.5" to 2" over decent OE springs.... pics to follow.

Actually just measured it up, it gained 1" over the broken/sagged springs... oh well it was a good idea in theory, plus if anybody needs cheap stock springs I'm sure the JK guys are selling them cheap as they lift them.

I'd liken it to a "firm" ride, not harsh, but firmer than stock. I'd say its similar to that of my Rancho frt springs (which flex like a mofo btw...)

I'm wondering how say, a 5.5" JK coil would do on the front of an XJ. I would like coils that are a bit firmer than the RE ZJ ones I run now, but not as tall as the skyjacker 8" coils (which are the popular 'firm' ones).

Hey Cal,
What are you doing that you need such stiff springs? I have the springs that came with my RE XJLA kit and they feel pretty good to me (and I do fast stuff quite often). I am also running non-application Bilstein race shocks up front so that might help the feel........

silverslk said:
Hey Cal,
What are you doing that you need such stiff springs? I have the springs that came with my RE XJLA kit and they feel pretty good to me (and I do fast stuff quite often). I am also running non-application Bilstein race shocks up front so that might help the feel........

I felt they were perfect before adding several hundred pounds of bumper and winch up front.

I'm running the ZJ coils (5.5" on xj) plus acos with no adjuster - mathmatically about 7" of lift, but I sit at 5.5. I have 12" bilstien 7100 shortbody's valved 275/78, and while they dampen fine I still sag more than I would like and don't have as quick of rebound as I want.

I may pick up some skyjacker 8" coils and cut a bit off, like goatman did.

I'd say the spring rate is a bit firmer, so assuming the rate on the JK spring you choose is firmer, then it likely would fill the bill.

Back