• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Removal

I'm having an AW4 installed in my jeep is there any problems with the late 90's on into 01 with planetary gears or any other parts in the trans?

noresttill said:
Must the exhaust be removed to clear an AW4 tranny? I searched but all I found was for the AX-15.

Thanks

Jesse
Just looked in my 00 FSM it says remove the necessary exhaust components,disconnect veh speed sensor,mark and remove drivelines,remove rear crossmember,etc

felisonca said:
I'm having an AW4 installed in my jeep is there any problems with the late 90's on into 01 with planetary gears or any other parts in the trans?
might be a problem with spline counts on the t-case input.
nevermind you said LATE 90's not EARLY 90's... gah its late.

noresttill said:
Must the exhaust be removed to clear an AW4 tranny? I searched but all I found was for the AX-15.
Nope. Although if I remember correctly, it was a beeyatch getting the crossmember off my cat hanger. The rest of the exhaust stayed intact while r+r'ing the AW-4 last year.

Back