• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle angle question at 5" lift

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm sitting at 4.5-5" lift using a complete stock XJ pack with about 180,000 miles on them and very very hard abused offroad over the last couple years. a 3" add-a-leaf that i've had in for about 2years now, and 1.5" lift shackles.

and a i'm not running bumpstops, so they've definitely been worked through and past where they should be. but they sit very nice, have great shape and flex awesome.

but i'm loosing ALOT of flex at my shackles. just sitting normal, my shackles are almost vertical with a very very very minor rearwards angle.

now the whole XJ is build on a used,scratch,beg and barter budget, so i'm trying to figure out how to fix this cheap.

so i was wondering what some of you guys at 5"ish lift are running to keep happy shackle angles, or if anybody knows of a vehicle with leaf springs that would be a direct swap and just a hair longer so i can go look at a junkyard.

or any other ideas, suggestions???

MJ shackles are an inch longer....might help the shackle angle but will play with your pinion angle (slightly).

I've got a spare set, but they need new bushings. PM me if yer interested.

Jeff

bandit455 said:
try some boomerang shackles from rubicon express
That doesn't help the angle since it would still be verticle anyway. All they do is to give more clearance on extension.

Do a search, there was a post about a month ago where several guys showed pictures of their shackle relocation brackets that they made. That's about the only way you are going to change the angle besides going with longer springs.

yeah i've seen several pics of various modified shackle relocation brackets. but i'm to lazy for "custom work", that's why i'm trying to find longer leaf springs.

so that's why i'm trying to find some leaf springs that might work. otherwise i'll have to get a set made at the local spring shop. so any ideas on possible junkyard candidates for slighly longer leafs???

Dodge 1/2ton van leafs... slightly longer I believe 70-95
Center pin distance is the same as the XJ measuring from the front spring eye...

lol Mine is near veritcal rotated forward about 10*. I hope when I take a leaf out of my pack and drop down tho the nxt hole on my shackle the spring will stretch out some... I hope.

Full drop:

PC180809.jpg

Full Stuff: (kinda)

PC180808.jpg

Last edited:
Back