• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof lights?

pataterchip

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought new 7" H.I.D. euro pattern lights and a golight spot light, I want to mount them on the roof rack I built some time back. Does anyone have a good way to get power to the roof that is at least semi inconspecuous and leak proof if not at least water resistant?

i've got mine run from the switch in the dash over back behind the glove box and down to the fuse panel area. Then it goes out the fire wall and up the windshield channel under the rubber windshield gasket flap. then out at the top and covered in plastic loom. the only part you see is up on the roof.

but then again...i never use my roof lights and they will be coming off real soon along with my roof rack. I actually just busted one of my side lights on my rack yesterday playing on some trails. it just gets in the way...but good luck!

Use a flat 4 trailer harness. Drill a hole in the roof gromet and silicon it. This way when you want to remove the rack all you have to do is unplug it.

I wanna see some pics of this when you are done and which go light did you get?

Yeah this has been covered several times but...

I drilled a hole big enough right behind my factory rack rail and siliconed the uck out of it. Never leaks and ya can't see it.

I ran mine from a switch in the dash, behind the kick panel, and then followed the driver's door weather stripping behind the door. Just before the end of the door at the top I have the wires wrapped in electrical tape and go up on the roof to the rack. Done this on a couple of XJs and all you end up seeing is a couple of inches at most. And its black like my rack so when it hits it, you don't see it at all. PM or email me at [email protected] for a pic.

to answer your question...if you peel back the outer lip, there is a gap between the glass and the metal that the gasket covers. I just put in in there.

Back