• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air shocks

nick86

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever tried air shocks on the front? I got this idea, cause the Navigator I worked on last week had them . Anyone?

well, to tell ya the truth, I had 2 inch BB lift, on 31X10.50, No issues Got new 32X11'5's, and they rubbed big time, I been asking here for used f-150, thunderbird, or used 3 inch coils,. no luck.
I dont't really want to cut the fender flares but I think that is what I'm gonna have to do.

So I have air shocks front and rear. so I can be at 2inches or 5. is this getto? it rides ok with 40 psi with no rubbing, they are rated for 100psi.

don't get me wrong, I wan't a 3 in coil, maybe some slight trimming, this is just getting me by for now

gregmondro said:
Bumpstop properly and you won't have rubbing issues.

Bumpstops will be waaaaay cheaper than any air shocks.

it rub's when backing up & turning hard. I know I need to trim.

I'm at that point were most of you guy's were at at some point. do I do the 4.5 lift or just do what i can. I don't want to loose the flares, maybe some MINOR trimming .

well, just in case anyone does a seach for front air shocks, I used monroe ma822, it's for a 2001 Old's , they raised it another inch. with only 40 psi in them. the ride is OK, but since I allready fubared the flare in the bottem, time for some cutting.

lowrange2 said:
It seems that you needed to address lift and or different flares before the tires and you wouldn't be in said delima.

Yeah, I didn't think the going from 31's to to 32's woulld be a big deal, But the 10.50 to 11.50 is big time

I just went to making a 3 point turn to a 21 point turn.

lowrange2 said:
It seems that you needed to address lift and or different flares before the tires and you wouldn't be in said delima.

I have been looking for new coils, used coils, F-150's thunder turds, used 3 inch. I can get brnd new rancho's with 3inch lift My cost was like $112 , the air shocks were only & 50. It is X-nas time don't flame me.

I'm not... just tryin to mke helpful suggestions. :cheers: (I'm actually in a very pleasant friendly mood!) I just figure you were half way there with the money... ya should just save a lil up and go ahead and get the springs...

Also it doesn't matter how tall the rig is if it's rubbing the control arms... you'll either need new wheels or spacers.

lowrange2 said:
WHy don't you try a one inch spacer out front? if it is only hitting the control arms.

No, bro, it's not hitting any lower control arm, it's hitting the part of the fender flair .I', gonna trim in the morning. maybe take some pic's for newbeis like me.

ia green96 said:
No, bro, it's not hitting any lower control arm, it's hitting the part of the fender flair .I', gonna trim in the morning. maybe take some pic's for newbeis like me.
Ah I see! yeah I guess you should just make friends with a sawzall... most of us have a sawzall fetish... I do anyways!

just throw a spacer on top of the coil. Problem solved. I was impatent with mine and cut. Now i kinda regret cutting up my metal.

Back