• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building a New Track Bar.

JKMotorsports

NAXJA Forum User
Ideas/Inout/Help Needed
Well after pulling my front axle to get the gears replace I found the track bar and spring perch had so many stress cracks that it basically fell off.

So I'm cut everything that was bad off and am now replacing my Skyjacker Bar with my own.

I have 2 50,000lb 3/4" heims and now just want to know the plus' and minus'of a straight track bar.

Also if you have pics of your custom setup please post them. I'm on the fence of making a new frame mount or modding the stock one. As for the axle, I'm starting from scratch there.

A straight track bar is fine. It's what everyone is doing on the WJ Knuckle swap.

I have the JKS axle bracket, www.jksmfg.com.

I have the Rusty's frame mount, and I'm running a straight bar with two stock size poly joints.

Thanks man. I no prob fabbing any of the mounts. I didn't have the axle for a week as it was getting geared so I fiquire I'd start sketching my plan for this out in my mind.

RyanM said:
A straight track bar is fine. It's what everyone is doing on the WJ Knuckle swap.

I have the JKS axle bracket, www.jksmfg.com.

I have the Rusty's frame mount, and I'm running a straight bar with two stock size poly joints.

x2

The JKS bracket is so cheap ($40) it's not even worth your time and it fits right up.

I also have a straight bar. As long as you have clearance under the pan, it's not an issue.

RedHeep said:
x2

The JKS bracket is so cheap ($40) it's not even worth your time and it fits right up.

I also have a straight bar. As long as you have clearance under the pan, it's not an issue.

Its now $50.......but still not bad

JKMotorsports said:
Also if you have pics of your custom setup please post them. I'm on the fence of making a new frame mount or modding the stock one. As for the axle, I'm starting from scratch there.

I run a strait trackbar, RE upper mount with brace, 2" superflex joint, 1.25x.250" dom with a 7/8 rod end at the bottom.

steering.jpg

Back