• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87-90 cruise wiring diagram

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure I've seen it on here before, anyone have the link for what the wires are for on the servo motor for this year cruise? I have the servo removed with cable actuator and the colour wires I have to the plug are, orange, white, black, brown, light tan. Anyone? Trying to hook this up as a idle control. Thanks

tkjeeper said:
I'm sure I've seen it on here before, anyone have the link for what the wires are for on the servo motor for this year cruise? I have the servo removed with cable actuator and the colour wires I have to the plug are, orange, white, black, brown, light tan. Anyone? Trying to hook this up as a idle control. Thanks

Here's what I have for the colors from a 1988.

A. Red - Charge valve control
B. Lt Green - Ground (shows as black on a 1990)
C. Orange - Valve Common
D. White - Vent valve control

A. Grey - Common
B. Tan - Position Feedback

As I understand the system, the cruise model opens the charge valve to add more pull to the throttle cable to increase speed. It opens the vent to ease off the throttle. Since it's controlling the vacumn in the piston, it doesn't directly control the throttle position, but it does have some feedback for the solenoid position. A shift bicycle lever attached to the throttle and mounted on the shifter stalk seems like a common low-tech solution.

Back