• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinion on rock rails.

99GreenMachine

NAXJA Forum User
I am debating between a couple of rock rails and can't decide. I either want to purchase DETOURS XJ- UNIBODY rok slyders, or TNT CUSTOMS ROCK SLIDERS and also would purchase Stiffners. If anyone has feedback or own any of these please let me know how you like them. Thanks.

Nick

I have the Detours, great concept, really beefy, I love them. They will make most long arm installs a little tricky though.

Over-all, I give them a 4 out of 5 star rating. Theres always room for improvement.

A

I'll go ahead and throw this out there: AJ's super rails in either 1/8" or 3/16" - it's your choice. Both the Detours and TNT systems are overpriced IMO (that's not to say they aren't very nice, though). My super rails were shipped to my door for ~$210.

I second AJ's, I have his 3/16" Super square rock rails and they have taken some major abuse. Look great, easy install, worked fine with my TNT Y-link, and they were $220 shipped to North Carolina.
www.ajsoffroadarmor.com

IF you go to his site, go to "Interaction", and search for "Rock Rails Video" under his feedback section, there's a vid of me slamming my entire jeep on his rails, and literally bouncing off. Not a scratch on them.

Chris

Jeepsterboy101 said:
He was set to order from AJ. Had the cash and all and then AJ never returned call or e-mail.

I run AJ's but the TNT's are nice.

Good?

A rockrail is a rockrail IMO.
Ya, I got you, but it just didn't make sense (to me at least) that you were saying AJ's got your vote but TNT's were better... I dunno, I confuse myself. Oh, and about AJ, he takes a while to respond sometimes. He's a very busy guy.

Starscream918 said:
Ya, I got you, but it just didn't make sense (to me at least) that you were saying AJ's got your vote but TNT's were better... I dunno, I confuse myself. Oh, and about AJ, he takes a while to respond sometimes. He's a very busy guy.

Its all good. I know AJ is busy. I tried to buy a rear bumper from him but the same thing happened. But I would still not hesitate to buy from him. Hes a good guy.

TnT is partly better because he'll get them in a decent time. A few things to factor in.

But I'll let the OP post now.....:cool:

I havent seen the TNT rails on anyone's rig so I wouldnt know. I have seen the Detours before and like em. I personally have the JKS Supernerfs

Starscream918 said:
Supernerfs are great, but at $400 they're questionable. The same goes for TNT's setup.

whoa, they went up that much? A cheaper alternative to the supernerf style are the JCR's Stage 2's. They dont come powdercoated though vs the supernerfs

Thanks for the opinions guys. Yea, I talked to AJ a few times and it was always well i am working on making more. then i wouldnt hear from him, then i wrote him again and said the same thing. it was like 3 times.He has nice rails and also very good pricing but i like good customer service also. Thanks guys.

A trip to Valley Steel for some 2x2x.120, the Home DePot for hardware, and 2 weekends worth of work...... $78

Back