• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant Lvl=Heater ability?

TheDiabetic

NAXJA Forum User
So it's starting to get a little cold in GA and it seems like the old heep isn't get as warm inside as it should. So I'm wondering, my coolant is a bit low. Could that be hindering the heater from heain up? Or does that even matter in this situation.

Some stats
89 4.0 and the temp runs around 210*

if the coolant is low enough it can cause a lack of flow to heater core, so filler'up and see if that helps, if not prolly try flushing it.

Or you could give the system a colonic in the form of a 7 hour prestone flush, back flush kit, then a refill with new 50/50 antifreeze/Distilled water. Pressure cap can also reduce heat if the cap is bad.

I'm thinking it must not have enough coolant. But I may be looking at a bigger problem where the coolant level is. Because back a couple of months ago I kept filling it up every once in awhile and it always seemed to go back down to a certain level probably a half inch below the middle line on the resevoir. I don't know what's up with that cause I thought the middle of the resevoir was the fill line.

Back