• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at options for replacing a Dana 35

VAwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I am wanting to get rid of the Dana 35 that sits under my jeep now.(for obvious reasons) Now I am on a pretty tight budget and have not perfected my welding skills enough to attempt welding on the axle myself. The question I have is.....I have a 10 bolt GM axle with the G80 locker in it that will be coming out of a 2000 Chevy Z71. Is it worth my time and effort to regear the front axle and have someone else do all the welding that is required to fit this axle under my Jeep? Or should I just look Some other axle that has already been modified to fit underneath the Cherokee.

BTW I have a 1990 Cherokee Sport 2dr. with a rebuilt 4.0L motor getting ready to go back in it. It has a manual tranny and that is why the D35 scares me. ( I like the skinny pedal combined with the ability to dump the clutch.)

That 10 bolt will be too wide, definitly wider than the front. They aint the worst axles, but not the best. Look for a 8.25 or XJD44 for a bolt in option. Or get a Ford 8.8 for close to stock width with disc brakes. They come in 3.73 and 4.10 ratios, with or without limited slips.

Back