• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what year 258 distributor to fit 4.0?

streetpirate

NAXJA Forum User
IIRC due to a change in the height of the drive gear, only late model 258 dizzys fit the 4.0? anybody know for sure? or are they all interchangeable?
looking to do hei swap, dont even ask why :looney:

I didn't know you could fit any 258 distributors into the 242 4.0.....even if it would fit aren't the old 258's carb'd?Therefor the dist wouldn't have the cam sensor in it.

all this is null and void if you are talking of switching from fuel injection to carbeuration.If thats the case...then nevermind.

the stock ignition is already "HEI".....

streetpirate said:
dont even ask why :looney:

and by hei i ment gm 7 pin hei.

no worries, im thinking its way easier to just saw off the top of the distributor and convert to EDIS

outlander said:
I didn't know you could fit any 258 distributors into the 242 4.0.....even if it would fit aren't the old 258's carb'd?Therefor the dist wouldn't have the cam sensor in it.

all this is null and void if you are talking of switching from fuel injection to carbeuration.If thats the case...then nevermind.

It's also what you use to convert to propane.

vetteboy said:
It's also what you use to convert to propane.
that would be cool....... now if I could find a conversion to run water...or hell the "hot apple pies" from Mcdonalds those things are every where

Back