• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Oil Pressure

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Now before I go and issue the problem, thhere are a few others I need to mention to help you diagnose...I need a battery and my belt squeels when I run too many devices, and upon warm up the volts read above 14 occasionally when at an idle my oil pressure guage will bounce but if i turn off my heater or another device it usually quits...but when the motor is really cold the oil pressure guage goes really high if i go under alot of throttle. I floored it to about 60 mph and the needle was almost all the way burried! I did add lucas oil on my last oil change so I'm thinking maybe its too thick upon warm up... But I dont know for sure thats why 'm here...its a 95 XJ with an auto. thanks, Josh

Last edited:
Ive seen those in Quadratec cheap, where are they located? Is there a way to test them? and is this a simple do-it-yourself fix??

And quit doggin it while it's cold.....let it get warmed up for a while first.

First verify the correct amount of oil, and that the sender unit isn't bad, and go from there.

You didn't say how many miles were on the engine either. And out of curiosity, why did you add lucas on the last oil change? How much lucas did you add (1 quart or 1 pint), and did you add it to a full 6 quarts, or add it to make 6 quarts?

New sending unit is $13-$15. Screw out old, screw in new, attach wire. Located adjacent to oil filter. 2 minute job!

Back