• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IAC cause this?

nancea

NAXJA Forum User
had my jeep 4 years now. 1998 with 3" on 31's, aw4

after you crank it you can give it about 30 seconds and it will start sputtering and idleing crazy and almost die. can go on for about a minute or so then it will rev up to like 2500 rpm then back down and it'll be fine. it doesn't matter if it's cold or been driven for 100 miles. after you start it 15-30 seconds later it will do this. to stop it from sputtering you just simply have to tap the gas just a bit and it's fine. what really sucks is when you are trying to pull out into traffic or if you are in the trails and just cranked it and going up a hill. if you are giving it gas it will simply loose all power even if you give it gas. You then have to let off the gas completely and then tap the pedal again then it's fine.

Like i've said it's been like this for 4 years. i've cleaned the shiot out of it with cleaner, gas treatment, etc. Taken out the TPS and IAC cleaned with no good results. Hate to spend 60 bucks on a new one without knowing if that will for sure fix it. Any one else had this problem???

plugs, wires, cap, rotor all new

Back