• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

northwest tire

mudxj92

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i live in hillsboro,OR so me and a group of friends wheel in TSF almost every weekend. Im currently running 30x9.50 BFG mudterrains on a 2in BB on my 99 cherokee, but am looking to get the RE 4.5 here right after christmas and want to upgrade to some 33s, either 10.5in wide or 12.5. My problem is that i love these tires they do pretty much everything well, but ive talked to a couple people who have said they are completly discontinuing them for the new KM2s. and we all know they dont have the right sizes for all of us with 15in rims yet. so my question is what other tires do well in the nothwest??? im lookin at the MTRs, baja claws, Xterrains, or the ss tsl radials. just cant make up my mind!! any input would be great thanx.

to my knowledge they are still making the mud terrains as they would lose a huge market share by not offering a mudterrain for a 15 inch rim. i could see them eventually discontinue them once they make the km2s for 15 inch rims but until then u are fine

Alot of guys run the interco truxus tire, around here.
I have no personal use with them, but I just see alot of them

I run TSL radials, a pretty good tire off road, don't daily drive my jeep, so can't comment too much on that aspect although a lot of people I have talked with seem to think they are pretty decent on the street, much to my surprise.

If your trails down there are as tight as what we got in the Rimrock/Naches area I'd recommend you go with a 10.50.

thanks for all the info guys. ive seen a few rigs out here with the trxus mt's but a big concern of mine is sidewall strength, has anyone had any problems with the trxus sidewalls? id like to go with a tire with a 3 ply sidewall but the trxus seem like the way to go!

mudxj92 said:
thanks for all the info guys. ive seen a few rigs out here with the trxus mt's but a big concern of mine is sidewall strength, has anyone had any problems with the trxus sidewalls? id like to go with a tire with a 3 ply sidewall but the trxus seem like the way to go!

I punctured a sidewall in 2 places. I know of at least 3 others going out, one just backing into a ditch, hardly grazing a downed branch. Luck of the draw I guess. They are great tires if you watch what you rub against.

I've abused the sidewalls of my MTRs pretty well in the short time I've had them, they seem to take a beating better than most. The tread is a good all-around one too, I was hooking up in the muddy snow better than I thought I would. They're quiet and well-mannered in the street also. I may consider something else when it's time to replace these, but the MTR is a very solid all-around tire.

Back