• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

boat side pics wanted

waggy

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have pics of there rockers done boatside style ? i have had my rockers cut out for a while and been wanting to fill them in , was debating on some 2x8 tube , but i think i like the boat side better . i want to cut it up to just under the kick plate and have it going to just above the pinch seam then cut the bottom of the doors off , fill them in and maybe put a tube coming off the boat side to use later to tie a exo into . any pics please or ideas cheers

I just pluged in boatside, and hit Search.
Got three pages of threads.

my favourite....

DSCF1538.jpg

DSCF1539.jpg

Phil said:
Those aren't boatsides. Those have less clearance than stock. That's like putting 1" tube underneath your framerails to get a "flat belly".
you know...

you probably ought to have some boatsides before you talk mad shit like that...

last time I recall seeing your jeep...

it had 2" square tube under the rockers...

POTMJune07.jpg

Phil said:
Those aren't boatsides. Those have less clearance than stock. That's like putting 1" tube underneath your framerails to get a "flat belly".
How would you and Opie make boatsides work without taking away clearance?

Seems anything you do without cutting up into the door you would end up losing a bit of clearance.

Starboard M said:
legit boatside

Better watch out for those protractor-carrying rocks... :wierd:

In NJ my street-legality is mostly determined by a maximum height of the door edge from the ground. I'm at the maximum right now.

If I wanted a trailer-only rig, I probably would have done it differently. I probably wouldn't have used an XJ at all.

Back