• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97-01 washer res. install

jeepcomj

NAXJA Forum User
hey, gonna be installing a 99 washer fluid reservoir in the fender on my 86 comanche. yes, I know that can get in the way of cutting flares, and no, I don't intend to cut the flares (ever).

anyways, I've got the reservoir but no filler neck for it. is this a part that I can get from a dealer for cheap, or does anyone here have one? I know alot of guys ditch them for the older style since they're behind the fender and in the wheel well.

this is going in my MJ that has a camaro motor...I'm trying to free up engine space for a cleaner look, and I'm just about done now

n69205416_32701015_3750.jpg

n69205416_32701025_6562.jpg

n69205416_32701033_8694.jpg

in case curiousoty arises, here's the thread in comancheclub.com for the buildup.
http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and this is what I need

93b2_1.JPG

jeepcomj just let me know if you need new parts, I get my work discount at a ton of different places. You know I'll hook you up.

TNT said:
jeepcomj just let me know if you need new parts, I get my work discount at a ton of different places. You know I'll hook you up.
I got a better one for you: I got 3 sets from 3 rigs that are laying in my garage :D PM me if you need the washer and any assembly parts ;)

Anyways, installing t is easy: get the neck hole cut and the "hanger" hole. If you looke at the washer reservoir, you'll see that there is a piece that sticks out that hangs in the fender.

got pics?

Hey Jeepco I'm sure you've seen it on Comanche Club but Hornbrod also did this. I think his install was fairly comprehensive.
Edit: I'm a dummy, you were a part of that thread on CC.

Last edited:
yeah I forgot about that thread.

no, not pics of the reservoir, a pic from the inside of the engine bay, and a pic of the clip you say is there too. from that I can do my dimensions and figure out exact factory locations for it.

thanks, Pat

jeepcomj said:
yeah I forgot about that thread.

no, not pics of the reservoir, a pic from the inside of the engine bay, and a pic of the clip you say is there too. from that I can do my dimensions and figure out exact factory locations for it.

thanks, Pat
that's be difficult as my rigs no longer have the stock mounts points as the reservoirs are gone. The clip thingy is on the reservoir though. I don't know how to describe it better but it's a piece that sticks out and allows you to hang the reservoir in a slot that's on the wall between the fender space and engine bay.

Back