• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Replacement Seats

Greatdog

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '91 Briarwood with power leather seats that are shot. I don't really care about the power, but I need new seats since the internal frames are broken (they have been welded once before). I have searched everywhere, but care not find seats. Does anyone have any ideas?

Greatdog said:
I have a '91 Briarwood with power leather seats that are shot. I don't really care about the power, but I need new seats since the internal frames are broken (they have been welded once before). I have searched everywhere, but care not find seats. Does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a one time weld limit?

My drivers seat was shot and I couldnt find a good replacement so I installed some Super Seats. Its a tight fit but the seats are very comfortable. I had to fab some brackets to fit the stock bases, but it was worth it.

89CAXJ said:
My drivers seat was shot and I couldnt find a good replacement so I installed some Super Seats. Its a tight fit but the seats are very comfortable. I had to fab some brackets to fit the stock bases, but it was worth it.

Who makes Super Seats and where can you get them?

Some guy at work traded his leathers out of his 01 for my cloth from my 00
so his seat covers wouldnt slide all over. hahah oh and mine didnt even have the adjustable headrests.

Go to an industrial area, find yourself a rather large wrecking yard. Be patient, BS the guy in the shack up a little, ask about your seats. If he says no, ask him to put in on the wire. Most any large yard is networked to other yards, often very far away.
Shouldn't be more than $50 bucks a seat.
There is a whole lot of action going on with used parts and the body shops. Ask at your local body shop, if they are halfway decent guys they won't screw you over too bad. One reason I always use the same body shop, the whole family does, friends count.

Agreed. I have a set of 04 Mustang seats waiting to go in that I paid $200 for in terrific shape at a local salvage yard. A buddy has a set of 03 Mitsu Eclispe seats in a YJ and I think paid less than that. Look for sports cars, better side bolsters, more comfortable in the rocks.

Greatdog said:

Jeep XJs and MJs seats had a major design change in 1994. So ANY seats from a 1993 or below XJ or MJ are a direct bolt-in replacements and will bolt to your existing slider brackets. There are lots of these bucket seats around; the trick is finding a decent set. But they can be had. Since you have a 4DR Briarwood, that makes it easier 'cause there are many more around than the 2DR tilt forward seats.

HAVE A 96 XJ SEATS WERE VERY CRAPPY , FOUND A SET OF LEATHER FRONTS FROM A 97 ZJ , MINT SHAPE AND A LEATHER REAR FROM A 96 XJ ALL WAS TAN . $100 TOOK THE ZJ SEAT WITH OUT THE ELECTICS AND THEY BOLT RIGHT IN , AND THE BACK IS A BREEZE

imwally said:
If your looking for new seats you can also try quadratec.com. I think they have great customer service but the seats will be a little costly from them.
Just curious, wanted to see what these "super seats" looked like is all.

The Hard Struggler said:
Agreed. I have a set of 04 Mustang seats waiting to go in that I paid $200 for in terrific shape at a local salvage yard. A buddy has a set of 03 Mitsu Eclispe seats in a YJ and I think paid less than that. Look for sports cars, better side bolsters, more comfortable in the rocks.

I had an 03 Mustang and I hated the seats replaced them with Corbeaus. I'd rather have my crappy 94 XJ Sport seats than Mustang seats.

Back