• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny cooler???

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
SO I've heard that the taurus' had a factory tranny cooler that's a good item to scavage. Has anyone tried a heater core for a tranny cooler?

Dunno about a tranny cooler...the Taurus electric fan is a popular upgrade....

I think you'd want a tranny cooler from an explorer maybe? with a tow package? or maybe a Ford Van?

I've heard rumors and fables that some Dodge Caravans (plymouth voyagers also) had usable / worthwhile tranny coolers. I'd think you could look for them on the AWD models especially.
You can also look for any cherokee with the tow package - should have a 3.5x15 or so aux tranny cooler in front of the radiator.

taurus had the same cooler as the one I bought from NAPA.
not all, but some. but you can find lots of dif coolers in all sorts of dif vehicles.
be sure to blow them out before you use them, or find out why the vehicle is in the lot in the first place. bad tranny could have left some crap in there that will now move into your system.

clean it out, plumb it in, enjoy your cooler fluids.

yossarian19 said:
I've heard rumors and fables that some Dodge Caravans (plymouth voyagers also) had usable / worthwhile tranny coolers. I'd think you could look for them on the AWD models especially.
You can also look for any cherokee with the tow package - should have a 3.5x15 or so aux tranny cooler in front of the radiator.

I had one of the stock Cherokee ones, tried to give it away but no one seemed to want it...

Running a B&M Tranny cooler now, works great!

B&M cooler works great, but as above, I pulled same thing from a junker for $5 as opposed to $50.

mjdavis31 said:
The b&m works good and is only like 50 bux im runnin the stock cooler and a b&m. works good.
When I first put it in, I was running the Radiator, Towing Package Cooler, and the B&M. I wondered about how much pressure I still had after it's going in all those, and decided to pull the towing package cooler out just in case. It was probably plenty of pressure, but I oh well. I like it in the radiator as it warms up the fluid on really cold days, and the B&M is the best of them thus I kept that in.

Back