• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country X Series 4.5"

Nuthinfancy

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought the Rough Country X Series 4.5" lift kit and I was wondering if anyone was running this particular lift and how they liked it. Plus any tips or pointers if yall have any. Thank You

Corey

I assembled a lift with many components that would come with the lift... I used the front springs, Track bar, and disconnects. The front springs are pretty stiff, but they flex nicely, the disco's are a pain in the ass, and the track bar is decent, but I hear that they are weak. The TR end at the body mount seems to be the weak link, but it's working okay for me so far.
I have some flex pics up on one of my other threads if you click my name and view my other posts, you will see.

i ran the same exact kit for awhile and have some pros and cons to it. first off, i hate to tell you this now right after you bought it, but expect a bumpy, rough ride with the RC short arms, kinda a rough front end setup. for a short arm kit, my rig flexes decently, the coils are pretty good, a lot of people use RC coils in their long arm builds and etc, apparantly RC coils are the same as RE but i could be mistaken. my one gripe about the kit was the POS rear leaves, my rig settled about 1.5 inches in rear, and leaned to the right significantly, the rear never flexed or worked the way i wanted it to, so after the rear springs went out (about 6-9 months) i bought some custom Alcans and have never looked back. overall, IMO, not a bad kit, not a great kit, i guess you get what you pay for. it was a good beginning place for me to start building and wheeling, but me and my XJ have defintely outgrown it. best of luck.

I am running this exact kit, and have been for about 2 months now. Be prepared for a really Rough ride. The springs are very very stiff. Agreed on the track bar issue, I still have problems with mine. Overall a great buy for the money if you dont mind the compromise of a gentle ride..

Been running mine on a 99 for about 3 months now, with 2" spacers on the front and blocks in the rear. Again, rough ride, but not unbearable by any means---its a jeep--It flexes very well, front and rear and the adjustable track bar installed ok, but not sure if I have it tight enough. No DW with the drop pitman arm, and the sway bar discos are kind of a pain, but I have not owned any other brand to compare it to. All in all, good kit, good company, best customer service i've found.

I have the same kit on one of my MJs....yeah it is a bit stiff, but it will loosen up some...over the years I have found that on any short arm kit without drop brackets, the tire has a much to do with ride as the kit...and the on road handling is vastly improved over stock....I have had passengers crap a brick over how agressive I can drive my MJ :laugh3: .... The thing I like is if you have a problem, they will bend over backwards to make it right...all you need to do is call 'em and explain.

I think that FOR THE MONEY (and not trying to compare it to say...a TNT long arm kit) it's a great deal....especially considering how complete it is.

Back