• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front 44 questions

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
i can get a pretty good deal on a front 44 out of a 78' Bronco. just wondering if that was one of the better years to use, pros and cons of that year? thanks. -Matt

nobody?

If you can get the 78 for almost next to nothing, then go for it.. You can always take the axle apart and take the housing to a good axle builder and have it re tubed to get rid of the cast wedges.. I have done a couple and its not cheap, but not Currie expensive either..

thanks guys for the input. ive been searching for a 44 for a while now. junkyards around here just picked up the 78 bronco and was just curious if that would work. thanks.

how much is it to re-tube. or how hard would it be to get the cast arms off. I work next door to a welding shop. i would think they could cut them off fairly easy and i can grind it down flush... any input?

Back