• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

again still stalling

bigboyslimjimbo

NAXJA Forum User
my 88' jeep wagoneer xj 4.0 is stalling. i replaced the o-rings on the injector and filled the tank up with gas, and it was running fine for awhile and now just recently i went really low on my tamk like i did before and when i filled it back up t started stalling. it runs great when your on the gas but when you slow down to stop the rpms drop immediately and it starts to stall. i finally took it to the shop and they ran all different kinds of tests on it. they checked the fuel pressure and it was fine. so they do not believe it is the fuel pump then they checked the iac and replaced it but that wasnt it either. they gave me my jeep back this weekend to see if it still acts up and told me to bring it back monday. well on the way home from the shop it staled out 3 times. 5minute ride. so can anybody help me? im at a loss right now.

Check the snap in connection from the coil to the control module. It is exposed to the elements, can corrode and cause all kinds of intermittent problems like this. Two torx head screws remove the coil, clean the pins and make sure they are properly arced and not flattented out. Also check the crank position sensor wire from the drivers side bell housing up to the wiring harness, this can touch the exhaust manifold and intermittently short out.

Back