• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got a new striker plate for my hatch but..

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
they must have changed the bolts at some point? The new striker I got has bolts attached to it and my old one uses torx bolts that come out. Anyone else run in to this?

I think I have one of those plates with the holes instead of studs. I will look tonight IICR

old_man said:
I think I have one of those plates with the holes instead of studs. I will look tonight IICR
I'm just curious why they'd switch designs. I'd sure rather have access from the top than the bottom.

if nothing else I'll press the bolts out or grind them off.

If it has studs, you can remove them to open the hatch????

As does mine. Apparently the plate isn't a direct replacement.

Time for a bigger hammer.

They probably changed the part to ease assembly at the plant. Some assembly line guy got an incentive award.

Sorry for digging this up, but i just bought a striker off teamcherokee. It has the pressed in bolts. However, my 90 XJ uses the torx from the top like the original poster.

Same exact problem. Decided I'm gonna hose mine down with PB blaster every couple of days until I can remove it, then just gonna sand it and rattle-can it (nothing too fancy since the paint is gonna come right off where the latch hits it anyway.) It wasn't worth the shipping to send it back to teamcherokee.com so I'll just save it for someone that needs the new style...

Back