• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Choptop and Dovetail

Gecko321

NAXJA Forum User
Decided it was time to put the jeep on a little bit of a diet. So out came the tape, sawzall and some liquid encouragement.

The Chop!!

Before:

CutJeep002.jpg

CutJeep003.jpg

After:

CutJeep006.jpg

CutJeep008.jpg

The morning after:

CutJeep011.jpg

CutJeep013.jpg

Dovetailed the rear end and did some body work to get some of the dents out. Trying to find some sort of tail gate to use now. now i get to do the tedious task of welding the inner fenderwell back to the outer fender. But its gotta get done.

Dovetail!!

CutJeep016.jpg

CutJeep020.jpg

CutJeep021.jpg

gotta finish up the rest of the body work and then start working on the details till steel arrives. need some ideas on what to use for a tail gate/hatch and something for the tail lights.

mike

Chop up your hatch, or use an MJ tail gate. use your hinges from the hatch or get some weld hinges

Use a CJ tailgate that has JEEP imprinted in the steel. That would be way cool.

Make a tube tailgate and stick yer spare back there.

Nice job!

yeah i go down to gulches a lot. we are going to compete in the compitition this year. Haven't moved it yet since i cut it, but by pushing on whats left of the top you can see everything up front moving.

the roll bar is from a 4 Runner. Found it in the junkyard for $5. thought it had somewhat of a cool factor.

Don't want to do fiberglass work so modding the stock hatch is out of the question. was thinking of making a tube tail gate. i've got a pickup i can get all the latch and handle hardware off of.

I will be putting a full cage in it. just getting all the body mods done so i can build the cage around it. not sure where i'm gonna put the spare and hi-lift yet. still working on those. might make something into the cage for them. i have a box that goes into the back for all the tool, straps and little stuff. might have to do something different and have the spare back there. not sure. will see when i get that far.

mike

Back