• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper

rhino317

NAXJA Forum User
What are the best front bumpers people have found? the cheapest nice design I like is the JCR but everything else is pretty pricy. Anyone know of any other good ones?

AJ makes some good stuff. I just got a Tanker rear bumper+tire carrier from him. Haven't put it on yet, but the thing looks like the work was quality :) Workmanship seems just as good if not better then bumper+tire carrier I had on there previously. It also seems MUCH stronger.

For front bumpers, I'd expect the same sort of work from him.

Currently I'm running a Rigidco FWB and am pretty happy with the design and workmanship.
lowerqpside.jpg

Design what you want, incorporating whatever you like from the several that are offered out there. Then go buy the steel and build it. Remember the adage Real Jeeps are built not bought.

Nates 4X4

jeep002.jpg

+ Line-X!!

mikeforte said:
Design what you want, incorporating whatever you like from the several that are offered out there. Then go buy the steel and build it. Remember the adage Real Jeeps are built not bought.
:rolleyes: Not everyone has those capabilities. Who cares if it is built or bought as long as it is used. In that case we all should be driving around toob buggies not XJs "bought" from Chrysler. :soapbox:

Anyway... JCR makes very nice bumpers; if my ARB hadn't been free I would have one on my rig. They are also big supporters of NAXJA, along with AJ. AJ's and Rigid are also on my favorite list.

Nates 4X4

jeep002.jpg

+ Line-X!!

TellicoReadyXJ said:
:rolleyes: Not everyone has those capabilities. Who cares if it is built or bought as long as it is used. In that case we all should be driving around toob buggies not XJs "bought" from Chrysler. :soapbox:

Anyway... JCR makes very nice bumpers; if my ARB hadn't been free I would have one on my rig. They are also big supporters of NAXJA, along with AJ. AJ's and Rigid are also on my favorite list.

Chrysler built the vehicle and by modifying it you are the one building the JEEP part of DCs unfinished product. I was not being arrogant when I suggested he design and build it. He may have a buddy with the metal working tools and skills that can teach him as he builds his own design.

I couldn't be happier with my JCR stuff. I just replaced my stage 4 front bumper with a JCR winch bumper. I've put JCR's stuff through the paces and it's all held up great. I have the rear tire carrier and their stage 2 sliders. They have been huge supporters of the MWC and NAXJA. Great guys too.

Hale

peeweexj said:
jcrprerunner002.jpg

jcrprerunner004.jpg

It's coming off to get powdercoated soon here.

That's the bumper I want. My only question is if it will work with my front hidden hitch and/or mopar tow hooks. I can lose the hooks if needed, but I really want to keep my hitch.

Any ideas if this will work with the hitch?

rocknxj said:
That's the bumper I want. My only question is if it will work with my front hidden hitch and/or mopar tow hooks. I can lose the hooks if needed, but I really want to keep my hitch.

I suggest you loose the hooks and the hitch.
They will put a 2" reciever in the bumper for a small fee. You will gain alot of ground clearence by loosing the hitch too.

Hale

Haleyes said:
I suggest you loose the hooks and the hitch.
They will put a 2" reciever in the bumper for a small fee. You will gain alot of ground clearence by loosing the hitch too.

Hale

Good point. Not to mention loss of a few pounds. I can always resell the stuff I dont use or put it on my second XJ. Wish I woulda thought of that before I posted earlier.

rocknxj said:
Good point. Not to mention loss of a few pounds. I can always resell the stuff I dont use or put it on my second XJ. Wish I woulda thought of that before I posted earlier.

Hey, that's what were here for right?:yap:

You won't be disapointed with a JCR purchase.:thumbup:
The days that the guy in the big brown truck show up are my favorite!

Hale

rocknxj said:

Just order the bumper with the built in hitch and be done with it.. they are an option on all their bumpers.

Mountain Off Road Enterprises. (I added the lght hoop)

Back