• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

G-Force headlights?

Go pick up a pair and install them, then shine them at a nice flat wall from about 20 feet away and take pics, lets see what kind of light pattern they throw.
I run Hell E codes on my XJ and CIBIE's on my TJ, good light pattern, quality lenses, never been a fan of projectors. Also allows me to keep one set of bulbs, H4's, for both.

these are not the same as the HID lights found on cars like your moms jag and bmw's. its just a regular h4 bulb stuck behind a HID looking ballast to try to make it look like real HID's. if anything it will be less bright because the bulb is being filtered through whatever cheap material was used to make the knock-off ballast.

I went to the sellers ebay store and he also offers a set of clear ones that are $10 less that the black ones so I am thinkin about just goin ahead and buyin those and takin one for the team and see how they do.

I saw these this morning and had some concerns. The package total is $18.99. Why $20 for shipping, that seems like a rip off.

they suck as far as lighting goes but if you want to just have something unique looking buy em but theyll probably end up in your attic like mine. i also have e-codes with e-bay hids and they kick ass

Damn. They suck? I was really starting to get excited about them. I might just buy them anyway to try them out and hey as long as they arent worse than the stockers then I didnt really lose anything haha. They have some clear ones for $10 less than the black ones so $30 isnt that big of a loss.

mitsumotors said:
these are not the same as the HID lights found on cars like your moms jag and bmw's. its just a regular h4 bulb stuck behind a HID looking ballast to try to make it look like real HID's. if anything it will be less bright because the bulb is being filtered through whatever cheap material was used to make the knock-off ballast.

Where are these ballasts you speak of? I think you mean projector. These lights probably use cheap fog light projectors which would give you a lousy beam pattern for headlights.

Form over function in every sense.

mitsumotors said:
the ballast is that round cover, i'm pretty sure

Ever taken a fluorescent light apart ? That black square electrical thing is the ballast inside the light, if you look at true HID conversions and true HID lights they have a ballast that ups the voltage from ~12v/30 to a few thousand volts/lower amps [ohms law] to give brigher or higher temperature lights. I don't know when people started calling them ballasts, transformer or inverter is a better description of them. The HID conversions have a box the cars electrical system plugs into then the bulbs plug into that. True HID lights also have impact switches inside that 'ballast' that removes power so rescue workers wont get zapped trying to get people out of the vehicle. I have not really looked at the voltages involved in the HID's, they just use higher voltage for brighter lights and get away with crummy lenses that are nothing more than clear covers more or less. Those 'ballasts' is what make them so damn expensive and is why even production vehicles have two, one for each side.

Ok so I get that these are not HID thats fine I just want to know about the light pattern. I just want to see a picture of the pattern so I can compare them to the stock pattern and light output.

Last edited:
my mistake..... either way though i doubt that shining an h4 bulb through a cover made for an HID light will get good results. i would gess that the cover would dim the light. if you want a brighter light you should go with a regular clear setup that uses a h4 bulb but no cover. it will be brighter.

I bought a cheap set like those you have a link to. They are not very bright and are not an improvement to the OEM sealed beams IMHO.

Back