• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Job Board

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Please post job openings info. Lets try to keep discussion and banter out of this thread to make it easier for folks to scan through it and see what jobs are out there.

Thanks

I'll bite. If anyone knows of a Job (didn't want to say position around you freaks) in the auto repair biz. I'm looking. Az doesn't look like it's gonna work so I'm prolly coming back.
I am a GM factory trained technician. I also have certs with Ford, and Chrysler. I know how to use the factory scan tools for the forementioned. I have 6 ASE's. My main discipline is Heavyline. Basically engines, transmissions, and differentials.
I have some engine machinist training. I have operated line hones, cylinder boring machines, and decking machines. I also know how to use different machine measuring systems.
I have tools and instruments do to most if not all previously mentioned work. I don't want to do Stealership work anymore. I'm looking for Salary or hourly. It's less money throuout the year but less stress. I can mathmatically design motors as well.

not that it's a good job for an adult but for some of the younger guys on here

Mission landscaping in ontario is looking laborers for laborers and drivers (be a driver). pay is in the $9-$13 range but it is a m-f job and you can get benifits for about $30 a week.

We are constantly looking for people espicially engineers, police canidates in all job functions, also there is currently a facility maintenance assitant position (general grunt)

Check out our job board for all current openings.
http://www.rialtoca.gov/hr_jobs.php

The benifits are awsome and we get every frickin holiday off including ceaser chavez day. (gotta love govt work)

I'm always looking for free agents that want to sell. Commission plus commission.

Actually, for qualified candidates that full time and take it seriously, I'll throw car allowance in. Product is easy to sell and you are paid residual on all accounts, meaning, sell it once and your territory continues to build and make you money.

May need general office staff in a couple of weeks (after the 1st). Spanish speaking a must, more than proficient in Excel and Word (we test at interview), excellent as a self starter, driven (commission available as well), cashier skills as well and welcomes a rather boisterous work environment. While we have an HR department, totally PC isn't our thing... we laugh a bit.

Drug test and background screening done prior to onboarding.

I am in need of another job. I currently work at a construction company as a drafter, but being winter, there's not a lot of construction going on, so it's slow. I'm also going to be moving up to Pomona to start at Cal Poly in March, so I'm going to have to get something going up there.

I am transferring to cal poly as a Civil Engineering major, but my coursework so far has been focused on architecture. My end goal is to either transfer into the architecture dept there or get my BS in ci. engineering then get a masters in arch.

I am experienced with AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, and general computer stuff. I have Solidworks but haven't had much time to learn it yet, and haven't needed to. I also have strong drawing skills and can take ideas from conceptual sketches to finished hand drawn and rendered presentations. At my current job I focus mostly on outdoor structures such as decks, concrete, shade covers. I also work directly with the Construction manager and take care of some of those responsibilites as well.

I'm looking for anything related to this, either in construction, engineering, or architecture.

Oh yea, if i don't get something soon, I'm gonna have to fall back on my restaurant experience, so if anyone knows of a serving position thats open, let me know too.

Dustin

I have several summer seasonal positions for anyone interested to relocating to Catalina Island for a few months. Pay isn't great, but room/board included. Work is a BSA summer camp.

Michaelle and I are getting tired of Nevada and want to relocated back to Southern California. But first we need jobs. I'm hoping that by putting the word out to friends, somebody might see a job opening that could be a good fit for one or the other of us.

Michaelle is a paper pusher. Here in Las Vegas she worked as a loan processor. When the market tanked, she was lowest on the seniority list and first to go. With the housing industry in the doldrums, there are too many other more experienced processors also looking for work.

Before that, she was a researcher working in the financial services sector tracking loan rates. Before that, she worked for banks, mostly in the back office as customer service.

I've been in show business for the past thirty years. I started off as a per diem stage hand and then was hired on as staff at CBS Television City were I supervised crews of stagehands on the various sitcoms, variety and game shows. Then a bounced between video editing and duplication. For the last 15 years, I owned my own video editing business editing full length movies, commercials and all sorts of projects. My big problem is that all my experience was in linear, machine controlled editing systems. I have some experience with non-linear, computer based editing, but I don't know any software well enough to sit down and comfortably edit in a high volume, profit oriented environment.

So, that our dilemma. If anybody knows of something, especially for Michaelle, please drop me an email to [email protected].

Thanks,

Andy

Gerr said:
mission landscaping is looking for a crew supervisor/sales person.
still looking, its basically supervision of crews and commission sales fit some decent benefits and company vehicle and company phone, most supervisors even have new lap tops. from what I hear a good supervisor can make double his salary in commission just for selling the extras to current clients. pm me for address and who to contact.

I was just contacted by a head hunter looking for Elect/Mech engineer to keep a production line running for a medical company in Ventura. I was really busy with work at the time to get more info. I do remember the person will be in charge of 6 technicians. When I get more I will pass it on. If someone wants to fire me there resume I can forward it.

Due to my moving to Italy, there's a real real easy job opening as a bouncer in downtown San Diego at Vision's Lounge on the corner of 6th and Market.

..930ish PM til 2ish AM, Fri and Sat nights. ..Maybe Thursdays if you want em.

It's an easy $150 each week(w/o Thurs,) so not a career by any means, but it makes a great build fund cushion. ..Plus you can usually drink for free and bullshit with the ladies.

I have a position for a Class A Machinist / Machine Operations VP.

You need to be able to interpret commercial and Mil Spec drawings, conversant in geometric tolerancing. Must be computer litterate, utilize CAD as required to import data and be able to be up to speed in Surf Cam on your own in minimum time.

Background in areospace is highly recommended.

You need to be able to operate and program Lathes, Mills and EDM, both sinker and wire. Management skills required.

Salary DOE. In Oxnard. A great opportunity to write your own ticket in a fully equiped manufacturing environment with guys around that like to play with Jeeps.

Contact by PM.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
I have a position for a Class A Machinist / Machine Operations VP.

You need to be able to interpret commercial and Mil Spec drawings, conversant in geometric tolerancing. Must be computer litterate, utilize CAD as required to import data and be able to be up to speed in Surf Cam on your own in minimum time.

Background in areospace is highly recommended.

You need to be able to operate and program Lathes, Mills and EDM, both sinker and wire. Management skills required.

Salary DOE. In Oxnard. A great opportunity to write your own ticket in a fully equiped manufacturing environment with guys around that like to play with Jeeps.

Contact by PM.

--ron

Ummm...will you train me?
;)

Back