• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with 'Word Pad'

Jump This

Just another minion!
I write an annual Christmas letter and want to add pictures to it. I'm using Microsoft Word Pad and don't know how to do this.
I'd also like to know how to run a spell check program through it.

Any help?

Please!

:D

In the Isert menu choose object, it will give you a choice of bitmap image. It'll also allow you to insert things out of microsoft word or excell. There doesn't seem to be a spellcheck optoin but if you save the file as text or rich text format you should be able to open it with another word processing program to run a spellcheck.

Try using "google doc" (just google it) if you dont have MS Word. You dont have to download anything, its the same format and capabilities of MS Word, you can publish things online, have others contribute remotely, and you dont have to worry about losing your work (unless googles server crashes). We use it all the time at the University for collaborative projects.

WordPad or Microsoft Word from the Office suite?

To insert image into WordPad:
Click INsert from the Menu
Select Object and choose bitmap.

Wordpad is a PITA to make things look nice n pretty.

If you dont have microsoft word (not word pad), you can download openoffice or Mozilla Thunderbird and compose your greeting in an email and just print from there.

I went with Google. What is stange is that it's spell check is not as accurate as Google's ABC check.....interesting.
It will take some practice but it looks like I should have it wired.....by the time I get around to writing next years letter!

Thanks guys!

Rick

Jump This said:
I went with Google. What is stange is that it's spell check is not as accurate as Google's ABC check.....interesting.
It will take some practice but it looks like I should have it wired.....by the time I get around to writing next years letter!

Thanks guys!

Rick

Its still in its "beta" stage. I havent noticed it, I guess Im a decent speller, but Im sure it will be fixed before next year christmas card.

OpenOffice.org is great. I uninstalled my whole Office suite and use all of the openoffice programs now. I like them so much better than the microsoft crap because they are straight to the point without all that flashy crap.

Back