• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next "BOLT ON".....

tcm glx said:
works great, you should be happy. What brand bumps you going with? I found a guy on Prate that gave me the best deal I could find on SAW 2.0 4" travel units if you want the contact info. Looks like they changed the mount style from set-screw style to pinch clamp. If I were to do it again I would opt for the top post mount system like the Marvin Shaw bumps and I think the Kings mount that way also. Good luck, the install wasn't too bad if you are good with a holesaw and welder.
Chris

Pretty pricey I'm gonna fab my own up and save some $$ for the bump stops. I have a 92 thats being set up for speed stuff. Just got the T&J gusset kit for the front dana 30 and upper shock mounts.
Craig

Skullvarian said:
works great, you should be happy. What brand bumps you going with? I found a guy on Prate that gave me the best deal I could find on SAW 2.0 4" travel units if you want the contact info. Looks like they changed the mount style from set-screw style to pinch clamp. If I were to do it again I would opt for the top post mount system like the Marvin Shaw bumps and I think the Kings mount that way also. Good luck, the install wasn't too bad if you are good with a holesaw and welder.
Chris

Hey Chris, probably go with Bilsteins, I can get a smokin deal on those......

Just incase you didnt know F-O-A has some 2.5 bumpstops coming out next month for $150 each including the cans. Thinking I will go with these.

GEWXT-foaprotobump001.jpg
OIYUU-foaprotobump003.jpg
YFFQP-foaprotobump002.jpg
YFETH-foaprotobump006.jpg

cds36 said:
Just incase you didnt know F-O-A has some 2.5 bumpstops coming out next month for $150 each including the cans. Thinking I will go with these.

2.5's would take considerably more fab/fitting than a 2.0 as they will not fit through the rail like the 2.0 but would have to be protruding from the outer rail, sounds like a good deal though, those cans seem really small to me.

Oh yeah note taken but for $150 worth a shot. Plus have been doing alot of reading about F-O-A and they seem to make pretty good products.

X2 their very noisy in the ruff & the aluminum get's beat all to hell after awhile. I like the bumps Tony has on the front with the rubber built into them.

David Taylor said:
I'm not sure I like the metal contact pad on the FOH units.

yeah i guess these are the prototypes and foa said that they are going to change that, guess we will see.....

I didn't like the noise the bumps made when they hit. I have the Fox ones.Mine are the 4"
travel and I stopped them down to 2". I found I really only needed them at the last bit of travel. You can see in this pic it just about bottoms. So I think it's right. Feels great on the fast stuff and they don't make noise on the trail anymore.

DSC_8950.jpg

David Taylor said:
I didn't like the noise the bumps made when they hit. I have the Fox ones.Mine are the 4"
travel and I stopped them down to 2". I found I really only needed them at the last bit of travel. You can see in this pic it just about bottoms. So I think it's right. Feels great on the fast stuff and they don't make noise on the trail anymore.

DSC_8950.jpg

I like that setup...very nice!

Skullvarian said:
cds36 said:

2.5's would take considerably more fab/fitting than a 2.0 as they will not fit through the rail like the 2.0 but would have to be protruding from the outer rail, sounds like a good deal though, those cans seem really small to me.

I ran 2.5 bumpstops on the back of my Jeepspeed (through the frame) and can confirm they do fit. They were not F-O-A's but I think it shouldn't matter too much.

Chris

rick_1710 said:
Rear bumps are for girls........... waste of money for the guys who can't drive Fast.....LOL...

I need rear bumps to keep up with the real men Rick.....haha

Back