• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grrrrr#$%@%! Help!

Rasty1

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to get my radiator out and can't figure out how to disconnect the tranny lines from the radiator to the external oil cooler. Looks like a fitting similiar to the connection on A/C lines????
Any help would be appreciated.

You're right it requires those special plastic disconnect rings. They're about 11 bucks for a set. The red 1/2" is the one you need.

You need fuel line disconnects. Even with them it can get tough. I sprayed a little PB blaster into the fitting and it came out easy after that. They have little tines that need to be depressed to get them to separate. I would also recommend getting the metal version as opposed to the plastic ones they tend to work a little better.

Rasty1 said:
Thanks for the replies as it helps.

Krelja, what is PB blaster??? not sure what it is, thanks.

PB Blaster is a (very good!) aerosol penetrating oil.

Might be a bit much for what you're trying to do. When I find those a clogged up with assorted yock, I usually just blow them out with some carburettor cleaner, and I can usually see what I'm doing. Since the crud that collects in there is usually grease and oil, it works rather well (and is usually cheaper...)

5-90 said:
PB Blaster is a (very good!) aerosol penetrating oil.

Might be a bit much for what you're trying to do. When I find those a clogged up with assorted yock, I usually just blow them out with some carburettor cleaner, and I can usually see what I'm doing. Since the crud that collects in there is usually grease and oil, it works rather well (and is usually cheaper...)

Thanks for the info, I will pick some up tonight and hit it tomorrow!

Back