• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap Lifts

94XJSE

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me the best way to lift a cherokee to fit 31 with the fenders trimmed? What spring are the best for the back? What would you do to the trac-bar and the control arms? All this might be happening to an 88 cherokee.:helpme:

P9030136.jpg

I did the work of searching for you :)

Blaine B. said:
No no, it HAS been done! Seriously.

It was just temporary until he got his lift though.

Look for JeepJerk on jeepin.com.

2 things...first, he's an idiot for doing it if he in fact did do that! Second, you're an idiot for suggesting it. This guy asked for the best way to lift it to fit 31's and your idiotic response was that you can fit 33's with no lift and trimmage. I'd really like to see that!!!!

keep0njeepin0n said:
2 things...first, he's an idiot for doing it if he in fact did do that! Second, you're an idiot for suggesting it. This guy asked for the best way to lift it to fit 31's and your idiotic response was that you can fit 33's with no lift and trimmage. I'd really like to see that!!!!

Post #8...it can be done but you won't have any uptravel.

also that looks trimmed to me

94XJSE said:
Can anyone tell me the best way to lift a cherokee to fit 31 with the fenders trimmed? What spring are the best for the back? What would you do to the trac-bar and the control arms? All this might be happening to an 88 cherokee.:helpme:

your asking for the best way to lift 3"? correct? cheap and best dont go together

new front 3" coils and new 3" rear leaf springs.
adjustable track bar
adjustable lower control arms
extend the swaybar end links or buy quick disconnects.
bend rear brake line, drill hole and relocate front brake lines.
new shocks for 3" lift

Last edited:
Blaine B. said:
You can fit 33's and no lift without trimmage.

But I'd recommend a bastard pack. Search "bastard pack" there are plenty of threads.

You said without trimming... that's definitly Chopped! Uptravel is also way over-rated!

Blaine B. said:
P9030136.jpg

I did the work of searching for you :)
Thats been trimmed,there is now way to put 33's on a stock lift and have any wheel travel!This is 6" w/ 33x10.5's and minor trimming and correct bumpstops!
crown%20king%2010-23-04%20019.jpg

I'm working for max flex w/ 3" lift. I like the flexy! here's my specs to date:
3" tera-flex coils $90 via forum
working on a new bastard pack after I wasted my 3 leaf pack. I realized that flexy<durability so new packs with poly bushings and S-10 main/add-a-leaf $70 forum
JKS adjustable trac bar $230 Kevin's offroad
K1500 front brake hoses $30 AutoZone
Ram 1500 rear brake hose $30 Advance Auto
RE 1.25 rear shackle $75 via forum
Daystar extended front bump stops $30 knowwheretojeep.com
removed rear swaybar
carry 18mm/15mm wrenches for front links
trimmed lower valence off front bumper
getting ready to measure for shocks/build rear bumpstop plates.

as of now I've got $555+ in it.... there is no cheap if you want to survive it. I've built mine over a year's time (put ZJ coils in it in Feb of last year, now I'm up to 3") getting ready to drop $70 a shock for bilstein's 5100's
DSCN1149JPGplatesmuge.jpg

DSCN1151JPGplatesmudge.jpg

DSCN1154JPGplatesmudge.jpg

terryd said:
I'm working for max flex w/ 3" lift. I like the flexy! here's my specs to date:
3" tera-flex coils $90 via forum
working on a new bastard pack after I wasted my 3 leaf pack. I realized that flexy<durability so new packs with poly bushings and S-10 main/add-a-leaf $70 forum
JKS adjustable trac bar $230 Kevin's offroad
K1500 front brake hoses $30 AutoZone
Ram 1500 rear brake hose $30 Advance Auto
RE 1.25 rear shackle $75 via forum
Daystar extended front bump stops $30 knowwheretojeep.com
removed rear swaybar
carry 18mm/15mm wrenches for front links
trimmed lower valence off front bumper
getting ready to measure for shocks/build rear bumpstop plates.

as of now I've got $555+ in it.... there is no cheap if you want to survive it. I've built mine over a year's time (put ZJ coils in it in Feb of last year, now I'm up to 3") getting ready to drop $70 a shock for bilstein's 5100's
DSCN1149JPGplatesmuge.jpg

DSCN1151JPGplatesmudge.jpg

DSCN1154JPGplatesmudge.jpg
So wheres the "flex",that looks as tight as a 18 year old virgin!Thats like 3' of down travel on the front(the easy end).

Back