• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INSTALL/MAINTENANCE PARTY! Sat Dec 22, 8am-5pm

xL8 APEKSx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang!

Ok, I've been lurking as a noob so I could save some coin to put some goodies on my XJ. And now that I'm about to order up my parts, it's time to contract some help!

I'd like to host a GTG/install party because I really don't know smack about my XJ, and I've only met a couple of you guys so it would be nice to meet a few more people to wheel with! Well, that, and this isn't exactly the sort of thing I could pick up a couple hombres from Home Depot to help me with. Sooo...

What I'd like to accomplish on Sat Dec 22:
- Install RE 4.5" Superflex kit
- Brake job (pads and shoes, fluid flush)
- Diagnose P0455 Large Evap Leak and hopefully fix
- Serp belt needs replaced desperately; general tune up perhaps

Optional install (if we have time, or if I even receive them in time):
- Rock sliders
- Front bumper

What I have to offer:
- Pizza and beer (yes, I take requests...let me know what your beverage of choice is!)
- Large driveway to work on
- Air compressor + 1/2" gun
- One 3 ton floor jack and a pair of stands (15"?)
- A harem of women to use as you wish*

What I DON'T have:
- Any SAE tools, though I could pick up a cheap SAE kit
- Hi-Lift jack

...let me know if you can bring tools to help out, or if there's some things that should absolutely stop and buy before the install party.

If you can come help out, please throw up a post! Thanks in advance!

*Harem of women not available on days that end in "y".

I would be glad to help out but the date is bad for me. Pretty well booked till after the new year..

BTW how is that crazy Volvo project coming along? I talked with you at one of the M&G in HB about it..

xL8 APEKSx said:
Hey gang!

Ok, I've been lurking as a noob so I could save some coin to put some goodies on my XJ. And now that I'm about to order up my parts, it's time to contract some help!

I'd like to host a GTG/install party because I really don't know smack about my XJ, and I've only met a couple of you guys so it would be nice to meet a few more people to wheel with! Well, that, and this isn't exactly the sort of thing I could pick up a couple hombres from Home Depot to help me with. Sooo...

What I'd like to accomplish on Sat Dec 22:
- Install RE 4.5" Superflex kit
- Brake job (pads and shoes, fluid flush)
- Diagnose P0455 Large Evap Leak and hopefully fix
- Serp belt needs replaced desperately; general tune up perhaps

Optional install (if we have time, or if I even receive them in time):
- Rock sliders
- Front bumper

What I have to offer:
- Pizza and beer (yes, I take requests...let me know what your beverage of choice is!)
- Large driveway to work on
- Air compressor + 1/2" gun
- One 3 ton floor jack and a pair of stands (15"?)
- A harem of women to use as you wish*

What I DON'T have:
- Any SAE tools, though I could pick up a cheap SAE kit
- Hi-Lift jack

...let me know if you can bring tools to help out, or if there's some things that should absolutely stop and buy before the install party.

If you can come help out, please throw up a post! Thanks in advance!

My best friend has been driving the Volvo for months after he totalled his Cobalt. I haven't even seen my car in I don't know how long. lol!

Then I picked up a VW Corrado to play with, and I'm having a nightmare of a time fighting the DMV trying to get it registered (the ownership history is a big SNAFU).

So then I decided F-this, I'm gonna turn my attention to the XJ for a while. :)

xL8 APEKSx said:

So that means they will be available on "Christmas" or tomorrow :)

I'd like to help but I'll be in the mighty midwest for the holidays.

Garden Grove wow, where in gg? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^

Just so happens my X-mas plans got shot, but I'd be willing to give ya hand with my simple hand tools and a mighty big hammer.....worked for my lift =)

Of course, I have this locker that's been achin' to get in my front diff, so.... =)

SDXJ, I would love the help! Will send out phone # and directions closer to the 22nd. I may try to get some of the maintenance stuff out of the way first, so hopefully it will just be a lift kit install only...but with no manual, and this engine looking totally foreign (domestic?!) to me, I'm scared to do anything at the moment. :)

Sean, I'll come by if I'm free (so far, I am).

Ok...so I now have an RE 4.5" lift, Series 51 Rock Crawlers and 33x12.5 A/T's, a set of RS5000's and bumpstops waiting to go on. YAY!

I am a little afraid as some people are telling me to kiss my axles goodbye with 33's. I am planning to regear and add a rear aussie; which one of these would help to lengthen the lifespan of the stock D35 more if I had to do them one at a time?

And lastly, SO many mixed opions on a SYE. Needed, or no? Moderate wheeling; no Sledgehammer or anything like that!

Opinions appreciated...and Johnny...let me know what brew you would like! :)

on the street, without getting the rear end to full drop, you will be ok with a tcase drop. without it you are going to get bad vibration. for serious wheeling you need the sye.

as far as the 33s on the d35...... just be fore warned, the d35 is notorious for being weak, 33s are pushing it, and a locker is asking for it. to each his own tho. you never know for sure till you do it! :scottm:

Hrm. I lived at Chapman and Harbor for years - nowhere near garden grove.

I may be able to swing by. I can bring some bigger jacks, some more tools, electric impact, and maybe some knowledge. PM me a couple of days in advance to remind me so I don't double commit. :)

i ran 35's and a 4:1 t-case on a locked dana 35 keep a light touch on the go peddle and learn to finesse your rig and you should be ok. Im not the only one locked on 33's running the dana 35's around either so I know it can be done

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help! :) Can't wait to wheel this thing!

GERR...ok, thank goodness...maybe some people just need to learn to drive their ish on the rocks with finesse, eh?! ;) I guess new axles are in my near future. haha.

xL8 APEKSx said:
Opinions appreciated...and Johnny...let me know what brew you would like! :)

Diet soda. :D

Back