• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

redline mt-90 or mtl in AX-15?

burkemotorcross

NAXJA Forum User
what would be the best lubricant for me to use. i live in texas where it is humid and hot and our winters are in the 40s. can i also use this oil in the rear diff (chrysler 8.25) or do i use generic gear oil? im thinking mt-90.

any help is appreciated

Use MT-90 for a AX-15. Depending on if you have a L/S, you may need to add friction modifiers to gear lube for the 8.25 Do not use MT-90 for the 8.25

Rob $.02

I would recommend AMSOIL Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle lube for the AX-15

And AMSOIL Severe Gear 75w-140 for the C 8.25.

But then again, I might be a bit biased :rtm:

keep0njeepin0n said:
75w140?!?! Little thick don't ya think? I know that's not what the manual calls for!

The best bet is to do what the manual says...that's what I always do!

Ever used a quality synthetic product????? Synthetic lubes offer a higher level of protection than traditional dino products. They also provide lower operating temperatures for the protected parts, increased lubricity, lower noise,

75w-140 is a multi-viscosity. It works as a 75w lube when cold and a 140 when hot.... The OP is in Texas, where it is HOT and quite humid in the summer. He would want the extra protection offered by the thicker formulation. Put a locker in and spinning larger than stock tires, and 'recommended in the manual' isn't offering enough protection. BTW, the factory recommendation for towing package with a Trac-loc IS 75w-140

I live in Illinois, where it is hot(high 80's-mid 90's) for a good portion of the summer. And I run the 75w-140 formula. But there are also a 80w-90, and a 75w-110 formula.

w_howey said:
I would recommend AMSOIL Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle lube for the AX-15

And AMSOIL Severe Gear 75w-140 for the C 8.25.

But then again, I might be a bit biased :rtm:
I plan onn using AMSOIL sever gear 75-90 for my AX-15 do you think thats ok?

cjsxj87 said:
I plan onn using AMSOIL sever gear 75-90 for my AX-15 do you think thats ok?

It will work.

But I recommended the Synthetic Manual Transmission fluid for two reasons.

1. It is formulated not to attack the bronze synchros in the AX-15.
2. Price Manual tranny is listed at $10.35 a quart, SG 75w-90 lists at $11.85 a quart.

Back