• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler

cjsxj87

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get a new muffler because mine is shot. I want to get a flowmaster or dynomax or something like that. Which one is the bast one to get? Where is the best place to get it? What prices am I looking at for one?
Caleb

I have dynomax super turbo. Don't get it.

Go with a flowmaster 40 or 50 from rustys. You can get their cat back system too w/ the tailpipe.

Basically, if you want it loud, get the 40. If you want it to be quieter but still sound real nice, get the 50.

I've seen and driven in multiple jeeps with all of those mufflers. I personally like the 50 the best. The Dynomax is too quiet. The 40 is too loud, and the dynomax is a little lesser quality.

+1 on the flowmaster from rustys, thats the best price you'll find on a flowmaster + 2.5" mandrel bent tailpipe, I'm prolly gonna order mine sometime after xmas

and IMO you can't beat the flomaster sound and build quality, made in the USA FTW :patriot:

i had the flowmaster 40 for awhile, actually, too long. i hated it. too much droning and just didnt sound right on an I6. only good thing about the 40 was that it was built solid, could use as a skid plate. leave the FM 40 for the musclecars.

last muffler i put on was a walker that i got at auto zone for 28$.

here's another vote for the rusty's cat back with the flowmaster super 40. i put mine in last week and i love it. it's not anywhere near as loud as i expected. it has a nice rumble at idle and a good roar at wot. i have next to no interior resonance. for about 150.00 it can't be beat.

Back