• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF? New front prop shaft and still vibes

MOSSGREENMACHINE

NAXJA Forum User
SO a few weeks ago I got the common problem of the "Angry Sparrows" in my driveline along with bad vibes at highway speeds so I investigated further why this was doing this, I discovered that the center Cardan bearing was completely toast and there was alot of play in the CV joint so i checked my options and decided to buy a reman from Aisin Warner The shaft came with greasable u-joints and looked good. I installed it tonight and WOO HOO I have 4wd again! but when I get up to highway speeds of 65+ I have an annoying buzzing vibe just like before anyone have any thoughts on this?

MOSSGREENMACHINE said:
SO a few weeks ago I got the common problem of the "Angry Sparrows" in my driveline along with bad vibes at highway speeds so I investigated further why this was doing this, I discovered that the center Cardan bearing was completely toast and there was alot of play in the CV joint so i checked my options and decided to buy a reman from Aisin Warner The shaft came with greasable u-joints and looked good. I installed it tonight and WOO HOO I have 4wd again! but when I get up to highway speeds of 65+ I have an annoying buzzing vibe just like before anyone have any thoughts on this?
Are you lifted?

MOSSGREENMACHINE said:
No lift at all
Have you replaced the rear shaft u-joint especially at the axle yoke?

Last edited:
My understanding is that these shafts are balanced as a unit. If you ever take one apart make sure they go back together the same way to retain balance. I am not sure if the yoke is balanced with the assembly but it is a good idea to mark it as well before seperating the shaft from the yoke. Something you can try is to turn the shaft 180 deg with respect to the yoke(s). Just a thought.

Check with your local drive shaft shops, there will be one that will balance it for you. Some do this by feel with the shaft spinning and some shops have an actual balancer.

Back