• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When is the next So Cal run?

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Had a blast at Calico and JV.

Anybody got any So Cal day trip runs planned?

I am thinking a Calico day run over the kids X-mas break, anyone interested?

88trailcrawler said:
Had a blast at Calico and JV.

Anybody got any So Cal day trip runs planned?

I am thinking a Calico day run over the kids X-mas break, anyone interested?
possible... depending on where my rig is at in regards to maintenance... :D

GrimmJeeper said:
theres always sundays at azusa :D

kool-aid_man.jpg

Hey John,

How about Big Bear on the 22nd? Or 29th? Pretty sure John Bull is open.

I've been thinking of a snow run again also. I had the best time last year when T-bent, myself and a couple of others went at night. It was the best freaking time. Snow was 1-3 dt deep and dry. Decent traction and beautiful. :bunny:

ryurabbit said:
I've been thinking of a snow run again also. I had the best time last year when T-bent, myself and a couple of others went at night. It was the best freaking time. Snow was 1-3 dt deep and dry. Decent traction and beautiful. :bunny:

That sounds like fun... I'm in!

ryurabbit said:
I've been thinking of a snow run again also. I had the best time last year when T-bent, myself and a couple of others went at night. It was the best freaking time. Snow was 1-3 dt deep and dry. Decent traction and beautiful.

Where do I sign up?

xjohnnyc said:
Hey John,

I'm down for the 29th

xjohnnyc said:
Hey John,

I'd be down for one of these! More porbable on the 29th! Got to woek on my junk when I get home next week!

29th might just work out. The kids are off the two weeks starting on the 24th. I don't think we have any plans.

I don't know if I trust my XJ enough yet for a snow run. Sounds like a real cold bitch if you break down on the trail.

Snow runs are no different...although I will speak from experience here...if you're on M/T's, Swampers or Thornbirds...expect to have very little traction if there's ice!

Went wheeling with a Jeep club and a Range Rover club a few years back in Big Bear...the 3 guys on A/T's (myself being one of them) had the best traction of the group. It was kinda weird! The guys with the mud boggers were slipping like crazy and had to be pulled or daisy chained up a few sections.

At any rate...it's GORGEOUS in the snow. Go for it! :)

88trailcrawler said:
29th might just work out. The kids are off the two weeks starting on the 24th. I don't think we have any plans.

I don't know if I trust my XJ enough yet for a snow run. Sounds like a real cold bitch if you break down on the trail.

Snow runs are a blast. You'll be fine John. Your Jeep did great at Calico and JV.

xL8 APEKSx said:
Snow runs are no different...although I will speak from experience here...if you're on M/T's, Swampers or Thornbirds...expect to have very little traction if there's ice!

Went wheeling with a Jeep club and a Range Rover club a few years back in Big Bear...the 3 guys on A/T's (myself being one of them) had the best traction of the group. It was kinda weird! The guys with the mud boggers were slipping like crazy and had to be pulled or daisy chained up a few sections.

At any rate...it's GORGEOUS in the snow. Go for it! :)

We're supposed to have TRACTION?? Gaaah, i knew i was doing SOMETHING wrong LOL. No really, snow run sounds MAJOR FUN!

Back