• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Messed with the Jeep alittle today.

Mosephus

NAXJA Forum User
I painted my Wheels Today, I've been wanting to ever since I got my Rubi wheels a few years ago, I just finally got around to it. I photoshoped them grey to see what it would look like. Looks good to me.

Wheelpaint2.jpg

Wheelgrey.jpg

Img_3130.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image1.jpg

That looks great man. I really like how those turned out. I always worried about painting wheels because I am so rough on them. Guess I always just worry that the paint would be all chipped and metal showing through, etc...

I am not a fan of either aluminum or mag wheels because they can't be hammered back into shape after they encounter a rock. If by chance you are lucky enough to pound them back into a reasonable circle again, they often won't hold air. If you were going for a strictly good looking set of wheels then I think you hit your mark. They are a great complement to the overall look of your XJ.
Mike

thats what i was thinking mike...great on the pavement but damn what a way to ruin a weekinend camping and wheeling coming down on a rock wrong...with alum you cant even use your 2 batteries to weld it back...but to go pimping @ the mall they look sweet

Thats why you gotta have a spare my friends. Although there is a reason guys run Alcoas and other aluminum beadlock and non beadlocked wheels in XRRA, SCORE and CORR types of offroad racing. They are way harder than we are on wheels. Besides the lip on a crappy steel wheel will bend before a Alum. wheel will bend or crack....depending on the wheel of course.

Thats one reason I repainted these wheels, they've lasted alot longer than my steel wheels. But if I was going out and bending a rim every weekend I would ditch the Alum. wheels and buy a pallet of Steel wheels and maybe learn how to drive my rig better.

How often do you bend your steel rims?

I've had experience with both.
IMG_3134.jpg

Hey I gotta defend myself when somebody calls me a mall crawler ya know :D

Last edited:
Mosephus How often do you bend your steel rims? I've had experience with both. [/QUOTE said:
me too and steelies always win...i have destroyed mall rims before...but mine rides on a trailer and balance rims are a thing of the past for me...
869dd0k.jpg

Back