• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power locks stuck or stopped working on driver's side door

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
I left my Jeep outside in the cold over the weekend while I went on a trip, and when I came back on Sunday night, I pressed the little button on my keyless entry to unlock the doors, and my driver's side door wouldn't unlock. I had to use my key for the first time since owning the Jeep. Call me lazy, but I don't like it.

It's a '99 XJ and have had zero issues with this so far. I don't know if it's not working anymore because of the cold or what. Anyone else have this issue before? It doesn't lock or unlock using the keyless entry or the power lock button on the door either. What now? If I take apart the door, will I be able to see what's going on in there? I haven't taken apart my XJ door before. Thanks for your help.

I have a 2000 and mine wouldnt lock. I hated using my key the first time too. But after awhile it fixed itself like 3 months haha. Try lubing it thru the hey hole if you dont want to tear the panel off.

My 94 was just doing the same thing. I took the panels off and cleaned and lubed everything....now it all works.

Thanks. I'll take her apart when a warm day comes along and get everything lubed up as best I can and hope for the best.

I took the door panel off in the freezing weather on New Year's Day since I finally had some free time, and I couldn't see anything cause the door had like a rubber/plastic cover over all the components. Does anyone have any pics of their door torn apart so I can see where the power lock motor is located? I will try lubing it up first but might end up having to replace the motor. Thanks.

Back