• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comparison: BFG A/T v. Bridgestone Blizzaks

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
12/10/2007
Last week I purchased some BFG A/T KO tires. I had them siped.

I had a chance to test them in the snow the last several days.

The two seasons before I had run Bridgestone Dueler Blizzak snow/ice tires.

====

Here's my comparison:

Plowing through 6" of new snow.....no difference.
Both tires did equally well with acceleration and stopping.
===
Packed powder....no difference.
Both tires did equally well with acceleration and stopping.
===
Glare Ice: Acceleration...no difference noted.
Panic Stopping: the Blizzaks did slightly better - but not by much.
===
Turning: The BFGs FAR outperformed the Blizzaks.
I seldom slid sideways with the BFGs.
The Blizzaks, however, have a hard time holding on curves.

===

Idiot Wind said:
good to know. that speaks volumes for siping. the way my BFG A/T KO performed from this past snow let me to purchase some Nokian Hakkapeliitta's 1 hour ago.

I had BFG/AT's on mine for about 6 months, I'm glad they are gone D:

I had thoseon a 85 blazer. They were the worst tire un less I was on a gravel or dirt road. They were the scariest tire on the snow and Ice. And forget stopping on an off ramp in the rain. JUNK!

I ran 2 sets of 31x 10.50 r 15 on my ZR2 for 7 years with a ratio of 20% offroad and 80% onroad. I will say that the only time i would of wanted another tire was in, quicksand, mud over 10 inches deep and 2 feet of snow. I was very pleased with these tires and if I get a chance in the future I will purchase again.

I have only heard about the punctures in the rocks, and as I don't do any rockcrawling I dont have any experience, my thoughts on this were that this is an application they were not designed for. These are definately not a mud tire and again were not designed for that application.

If you are looking for an all around tire thats quiet, mild mannered, handles well onroad, and wears like iron. It is one of the best tires out there IMHO!

Cody

Back