• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's getting cold.

razdrvr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a strange heat problem. The heater works fine while wheeling or moving at slow speeds, under 20 mph. Anything faster and heat is non existant. Any ideas?

is the fan motor not working or is the heat not being produced?

Temp stays right at 210. new Tstat, waterpump, heatercore gets good n hot. The blower motor works fine just blows cold air at anything over about 20 mph.

I am wondering if it is not the thermal fuse that is down by the blower motor. My 93 started to crap out and only worked on low and high, but nothing in between. It was a $3 part. If is is fading in and out it is probably a vaccum leak somewhere.

opps, discard part of that last post, I did not see your latest post. Sorry.:greensmok

I Had The Same Problem But With The A/C During The Summer. Turns Out I Had A Cracked In The Vaccum Line That Would Stay Semi-Together At Slow Speeds. As I Speed Up It Would Move To Around And Break The Little Suction Left There. Check The Smallest Line from The Vaccum Canister Up Under The Battery Box.

sounds good thanks

Check the vacuum bottle in the bumper on the passenger side, and check the vac lines going to it. Does sound like you're running out of vacuum. Test this, sit still yet rev the engine to 3000 RPM and see if you get hot air. Higher RPMs = less vacuum, that's what the bottle is for.

wouldent a vacuum leak cause the air to only come out the defrost vents too?

RªMB° said:
I Had The Same Problem But With The A/C During The Summer. Turns Out I Had A Cracked In The Vaccum Line That Would Stay Semi-Together At Slow Speeds. As I Speed Up It Would Move To Around And Break The Little Suction Left There. Check The Smallest Line from The Vaccum Canister Up Under The Battery Box.

How Can You Manage To Type Like This? Doesn't It Get Annoying To Keep Having To Press The Shift Key? Lol!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE No Not At All!!:gee:

Increased RPM's = Less vacuum.

It is possible that he has a leak inline with the vacuum resivoir/tank.....and when he looses vacuum, the vents default to defrost, tricking him into thinking that his heat does not work.

No the air isn't coming out of the defrost vents. It comes out where ever it is set. No trickery here. I'm off today so I'll get out there to check it out. Was just lookin for some ideas. The colapsing lower hose seems promising.

Back