• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lights

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering where you guys have mounted your rock lights? i just bought 4 and really don't wanna drill any more holes in the frame or body so i wanna know where an out of the place spot is.

mudslinger4x4 said:
I was wondering where you guys have mounted your rock lights? i just bought 4 and really don't wanna drill any more holes in the frame or body so i wanna know where an out of the place spot is.

You could just use duct tape instead of screw fasteners...

i might do that i wonder how bright those are? they would be hard to crush and easy to route. and i thank they are sealed so they are water proof. easy to come by too. ??? might be homo too though

They aren't bright at all... My dad has them all around his porch... they supply VERY little light at all. THey might be bright enough if you use 20 strands and 220 volts. Then you could stand your Jeep up on the back hatch have christmas decorations as well.

polar_jeep_04 said:
hahaha... well auto zone lights will have to work then unless have you ever seen those light on like 10 speed bikes that run off the front wheel turning

Use some LED pods. Just be careful which ones becase most of them are VERY directional. If you read thru that very first thread posted you'll see where I bought some lights off ebay but was not satisfied with them. but LED is the way to go. More compacts, less current, brighter, and waterproof in most cases.

What about the Hella mini-fogs?

74527_sm.jpg
or
79266_MicroDE_Bracket_Front.JPG

Back