• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting the back of the spring hanger box?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
My shackles like to hit the rear crossmember and I was wondering if cutting/notching the back of the spring hanger box / crossmember would effect the structural integrity.

It sure wont help.Either notch your current shackles like the other manufacturers do or buy the correct ones!

RCP Phx said:
It sure wont help.Either notch your current shackles like the other manufacturers do or buy the correct ones!

Correct ones? They fit, they provide lift... hmm... seem like the correct ones to me buckwheat.

If they are hitting the crossmember than something is wrong.Clearance yours or buy some that are already clearanced or designed to fit(boomerang's).

since "boxing" tends to add structual strength, conversely i think "un-boxing" something like a suspension attachment point would seriously weaken it. if the rear is flexing so far as to actually hit that box, and not the end of the bumper bolt-like mine did, the real fix would be a boomerang shackle.

ZacSquatch said:
Correct ones? They fit, they provide lift... hmm... seem like the correct ones to me buckwheat.

The correct ones:

xjshackles1.gif

http://www.tntcustoms.com/webv5/xjshackles.asp

Designed to fix your problem. Don't cut the box, it will end badly. :)

boo... oh well

shackle.jpg

Screw lift... Im lowerin

Back