• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maybe time for new trackbar

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got about 3-3.5" of lift. Im running an RE 1600 trackbar. The other day I made a tight uturn and felt a pop, now Ive got play in the rod end. I know I could buy a new rod end but Ive never liked the RE single sheer design anyway. The RE HD TB and bracket is just too expensive, so, Im looking at other manufacturers. As far as double sheer designs go, Ive looked at TNT and Rustys HD design, both with brackets. Is the TNT worth $40 more than the Rustys? Ive read that there have been some Rustys bar failures but is that the HD bar or just the standard TB? I can get a Rustys trackbar, bracket and stiffener for less then the TNT trackbar and bracket. Which would be an overall stronger more reliable package for the money? Is the stiffener worth worrying about with just 3" of lift and 31s? Are there any manufacturers of double sheer trackbars/brackets that Im missing?

No Rusty's,Either RE,TNT,or Kevin's!

Are you factoring in the eleventy billion dollars that Rusty's will charge you to ship their product to you?

Go TNT, or go Kevin's Offroad (JKS bar with modified stock bracket, double sheer design)

RCP Phx, :cheers:

I just checked out Kevins. A little pricy but I do like the fact that it uses a larger 1/2" axle bolt since mine is a little wallered out.

RE also offers the larger bolt!

comanchechuck said:
check out iron rock offroad, for there track bar
Are you joking?Its another POS using a TRE!

I could buy the Iron Rock for $189, send my OE bracket to Kevin for $25 and have a HD trackbar and bracket for $165 + shipping. Thats not too bad. Wish I knew more about Iron Rock.

polar_jeep_04 said:
that iron rock kit looks weak.go with TNT or RE

I do have an RE dealer in town thats treated me very well on RE prices in the past.
Decisions, decisions.

Ray H said:
I do have an RE dealer in town thats treated me very well on RE prices in the past.
Decisions, decisions.
Call Dirk at DPG,I order ALOT from him,you wont be disappointed!

RCP Phx said:
Call Dirk at DPG,I order ALOT from him,you wont be disappointed!
Ive ordered from Dirk also. Always great service, but I think I'd like to start supporting small local dealers when I can. I didnt even know this dealer existed until I found him by accident a few months ago. I ordered some RE stuff and he treated me pretty well.

I do agree on that!I'd say you cant go wrong w/ the RE HD bar so DO IT!How much lift do you have?They have a +1" end available now.
Sorry,saw it after(3-3.5"),get the regular end.

Just a thought, but find a flex joint with a 3/4"-16 LH stud and then just buy a heavy duty frame bracket. I think you can get a 3/4" JJ.

Or, RE used the same bar for both trackbars, cut off the weld in bung and have it threaded for the same joint used in the HD trackbar.

Rock Krawler makes a nice one with an HD bracket.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/index.html

I ran one of the 6"+ bars until I went to a straight bar. I replaced the poly bushing once in two years. The heim was still tight when I removed it a few weeks ago. They will ship you parts at great rates and they come quick. You can also buy through a dealer and get lower prices.(I did)

You can't go wrong with RE or TNT though.

For that matter, if I was going to piece something together, I would just weld a bracket to the factory TB mount and, like you said, buy a flex joint and screw it into the TB that I have. It looks like thats the basic setup of Kevins TB bracket.

Back