• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 upgrade

A full tune up.

A cat back with a high flow cat.

are throttle body spacers worth the hype?

If the block is fine, just do some head work. I just installed a rebuilt head and like the diffrence it made. Comp cams "K" kit (new cam, timing set, lifters, spings) about 350ish on ebay. I also modded the head by porting to match the gasket and intake, polishing the bowls for better flow, and went to 2.02 and 1.60 valves. All in all the completed head only took me for $300 +$125 for steam clean to prep for paint (if you feel like cleaning it). Just the head work alone was worth it. All that added to the 4.0 gives some power, most importantly my milage is around 20mph on the road (yes, I do drive like my grandmother!)
Next major item to add will be Harland sharp's roller rocker set up to lighten the rolling assembly even further for better gains! (any roller rockers will do this, I just like HS's from other builds I have done).

four_shot said:
are throttle body spacers worth the hype?

No. I know this first hand and I only spent $24 on one to see for myself. It didn't work and it wasn't worth the $24. I could have bought beer with that cash dammit!

A TSB would make a nice little Dry N20 nozzle mount though :)

redneck1939 said:
what is a good up grade on a 4.0 letre thats some what cheap.

Better gears.

:)

balloo93 said:
No. I know this first hand and I only spent $24 on one to see for myself. It didn't work and it wasn't worth the $24. I could have bought beer with that cash dammit!

A TSB would make a nice little Dry N20 nozzle mount though :)
Uh, that would be N02.

redneck1939 said:
ill start with a full tune up and go from there. would a k&n cold air intake be worth looking into?
Cold air intakes are good but if you buy one you are spending an awful lot of money for only a modest gain. You can build a cold air intake for around $50 that will work quite well and not break the bank.

I got the K&N then swiss cheesed the airbox w/drill Performance wise Im looking at the aluminum hed from Hesco 30lbs lighter and 30 hp

polar_jeep_04 said:
it means i agree with the gears reply
X-2 Meant both axles.

:D

Back