• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ question

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so there is this kid that goes to my old highschool and is kinda friends with my roommate and when my roommate went back home a few weekends ago they were talkin Jeeps and the kid mention how he sheered the bolt for is trac bar on his YJ off at the axle. He then proceeded to tell my roommate that after that he just bungey corded it up out of the way so it wouldnt scrap the ground. He has no real intention to fix it and he drives it everyday and 4 wheels it still (its just stock height with 31s I think). So I was wondering how important is the factory trac bar on a YJ?

He is going to have bump steer issues now. the trackbar on YJ's maintains the correct steering geometry. He needs to put it back in order to be safe on the road.

Rawbrown said:
He is going to have bump steer issues now. the trackbar on YJ's maintains the correct steering geometry. He needs to put it back in order to be safe on the road.
HMMM Ive had no track bar on my YJ for years and never have had bump steer or any issues even after adding 4.5 inch re springs shackel reversal kit and 3 inch shackels. the factory put the track bar on the yj's purely to stiffen up the handling characteristics. it really isnt needed as long as you dont plan on road racing the damn thing

YJs dont need them. takem off for better flex. like what XJs do with sway bars "i will drive better with them, but it will flex better with out them... lets take them off!"

Back