• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help with d44's

dangerouslyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well i just got a 80 something wagoneer with a 360 (not the original) and dana 44's front and rear.
Planning on throwing in the axles underneath my 91 xj, with the original 30/35 combo, 4.0, and 242 transfer case.
What exactly needs to be done to make it a spring over in the front of the cherokee?
do the spring perches need to be moved any?
and what type of build am i looking at for a new front crossmember, or is that necesarry?

Also, would it be worth throwing in the 360? its got somewhere near 70 grand on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a mil.

I'm confoosed...

"Spring over" and "spring under" only refer to leaf springs. and you do not have leaf springs in the front of your Cherokee.

So what is it that you're asking?

dangerouslyXJ said:
Well i just got a 80 something wagoneer with a 360 (not the original) and dana 44's front and rear.
Planning on throwing in the axles underneath my 91 xj, with the original 30/35 combo, 4.0, and 242 transfer case.
What exactly needs to be done to make it a spring over in the front of the cherokee?
and what type of build am i looking at for a new front crossmember, or is that necesarry?

Also, would it be worth throwing in the 360? its got somewhere near 70 grand on it.

you need to fabricate some hangars and stuf to put leafs in the front and then you can do your spring over:eeks1:

dangerouslyXJ said:
a 190hp MPI 6 cyl or a 150hp carbed V8, hmmm tough choice

dangerouslyXJ said:

Whether you add control arm brackets to the axle, or fab up leaf spring hangers on the frame, you're still having to fab up some mounts. Just keep the control arms, you'll be happier in the long run.

The 4.0L is a much better motor than the 360, forget that idea.

Back