• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S/R Control Arm Removal Help

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm changing the bushings on my RE Super Ride Control Arms. I got the lowers done, but the uppers are giving me grief. I can get the bolt to spin, but I think the bolt is corroded to the sleeve or something. I have hammered on it and used a c_clamp like a press to try and press ut out with no luck. It's soaking in PB Blaster right now, but I'm stumped.

Any other suggestions on a good way to get that bolt out?

Harvo said:
I'm changing the bushings on my RE Super Ride Control Arms. I got the lowers done, but the uppers are giving me grief. I can get the bolt to spin, but I think the bolt is corroded to the sleeve or something. I have hammered on it and used a c_clamp like a press to try and press ut out with no luck. It's soaking in PB Blaster right now, but I'm stumped.

Any other suggestions on a good way to get that bolt out?
Sawzall may be your only choice. If the bolt is rusted to the bushing...which is most likely the case you will be cutting it out and replacing the bolt.

DrMoab said:
Sawzall may be your only choice. If the bolt is rusted to the bushing...which is most likely the case you will be cutting it out and replacing the bolt.

Yep. I ended having to use a Dremel to cut the head off of the bolt through the hole in the framerail and then use a prybar to get the arm out. You're replacing the bushings anyway, may as well use a new bolt.

Back